Friday, April 29, 2011

Finals and much needed rest

As this week closes, I'm concluding my two courses, and awaiting a much needed respite from the hectic workload that was winter term. I need rest, away from information, tech, and frankly its well deserved. I've spent gobs of time just plunking around, reading, and trying to at least stay in the curve of information. There is a point though I've come to burn out, or lack of enthusiasm. Its not that I don't enjoy a good read, or learning, but there is a point to which it becomes cumbersome, boring, and tedious. There isn't any real complaint I can levy here, as this is the way things are in the fast paced interconnected world. People are literally walking billboards of social media whoring, and lets not mince words, if the brand of self isn't fitting into the construct of 21st century ideology, the focal idiom is at a downward slide into a void of irrelevance.

I base my existence upon truth, and what I bring to the table. In this world I watch in a corner in which the changes of outwitting the casual living person with distractions, incomprehensible iterations upon stupid non issues, that it sullies the experience of interconnectedness. I've pulled further away from these bristling's, and forced myself to confront why I'm so clingy to have my own bubble. If comfort, transparency are paramount in this new era of digital expansion, I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is the consistent battering ram of discourse built around fear and distortion. I suppose the very facet of which makes life interesting is how everyone perceives what they think is happening. Regardless, its gotten old, and I'm just to tired of caring.

Which brings me to my prior posting, Sony for all intensive purposes is the paradigm of which I talk about. The how big is too big, public relations double speak, the irrelevant expose on what is but what isn't. I can't wrap my head around these kinds of probes of verbal garbage. Plus, the fact we all are in some capacity slaves to the very system that bore what used to be competition, which turned into corporate sameness, while the public watches out shareholders hostile takeover of smaller independents.

I personally think that Sony's practices mirror exactly why there is so much wrong with corporate superlative. The largeness of the whole, where as the mantra of disjunctive press, and even to a lesser extent self mutalation of brand recognition has become fodder for many to lament at the state of current structures. It's become very apparent that we are witnessing in my estimation the fall of the corporate being. The covert, the misdirect, the vale of secrecy wound extremely tight, that the faces that represent these companies are often protected from scrutiny. Then there is the aspect of the consumer rights, ownership of said product to do with as we choose. Lastly, the tethering of media (DRM), to corporately controlled devices that go against even critical thinking in the face of more hostile forces.

I don't want to be the alarmist, but I believe we have vested interest in showing what can happen when checks and balances aren't legitmized, or in this case respected. That the owning to the mistake is far more important than being invisible to the problem currently. It doesn't take that much for a person to be soured on the experience of having something stolen. Then again we live in an unguarded internet world, that is rife with seedy situations, and characters whom scream for attention. Thanks for reading.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment